Friday, November 30, 2012

3 Savings Suggestions

Three years ago a regular of mine at Starbucks brought in boxes and boxes of Gillette razors because he ran a warehouse that distributed them, and if a box was damaged all the contents were "damaged out".  He brought in Mach3 razors and Venus razors.  Although at the time all I used were disposables I knew the cost of razors, so I grabbed a hand full.  When I got home I realized I happened to have a  Mach3 disposable razor.  I realized that I could pull the head off of the disposable one, that was supposed to be thrown away, and the heads for the more expensive razors would fit on it.  For the past two years I have used the same disposable razor handle and just replaced the blades with the free ones.  Come to find out the expensive Mach3 Turbo Razor, that my husband has, uses the same razors also.  So today, because I am at home sick, I thought I would see if the Venus razors would fit my disposable razor, AND THEY DID!  Who would have thought that the super cheap disposable razors fit the more expensive blades.  Don't waste money buying the Venus whole razors, just get the cheap disposable razors and replace with whatever Gillette blades you prefer.


On another note due to being sick I have took several baths now.  I thought I would splash in some of the eucalyptus I bought from my local discount nutrition store.  After spending way too much money purchasing oils at Aveda and all natural grocery stores my sister-in-law told me that Discount Nutrition sold essential oils for nothing, AND THEY DO!  I got a 4 fl. oz. bottle of eucalyptus for $9.99, compared to $14.00 for 1 fl. oz, and a 1 fl. oz bottle of lavender for $7.99, compared to $17.00 for 1 fl. oz.  The eucalyptus is great not only to put in the tub but also to put a little under your nose, just like Vicks vapor rub.




The other suggestion I thought of while in the tub was the idea of replacing shaving cream with conditioner.  I started doing this years ago and stopped.  I started doing it again because my arm pits always seem to be so sensitive when I shave, which is probably because I only shave with water.  I had got a free sample of Pantene Pro V conditioner in the mail and because I don't use conditioner it was sitting in my guest bathroom toiletry basket.  I pulled it out and put it on my arm pits and to my surprise shaving them didn't hurt as bad as it usually does.  After using it on my arm pits I used it on my legs, it was awesome.  Like I said I used to do this years ago on my legs and just stopped, I guess when I ran out.  The benefits to using conditioner over shaving cream. 1) It is CHEAPER 2) It doesn't build up as much as shaving cream does on the razor 3) It softens your leg hair and 4) It softens your legs.  My legs are noticeably softer when I get out of the shower.

Ok, now last piece of advice. This doesn't help you save, that's why it wasn't included in the title total. If you struggle with dandruff, like myself, and don't use conditioner, try using it in the winter to help with dry scalp.  If you are like myself and don't use conditioner, because it has been said to promote hair loss due to loosens the hair in the follicle, using it in the winter prevents your scalp from drying.  I started using conditioner a couple of weeks ago, just every other shower, and I have noticed a remarkable difference

Today I enjoyed a cup of Darjeeling Tea with a tablespoon of honey and milk. I bought a 7 oz box for $4.99 at a local Indian Grocery store in Atlanta.

-CTaylor

No comments:

Post a Comment